I've always loved this portrait of Princesses Louisa and Caroline, two of George III's younger sisters. And I've always thought it would be fun to make Caroline's cream and pink sacque.
I was able to find cream silk taffeta for a good price on ebay, I had pink silk taffeta which is possibly a little darker than the portrait, but was a decent match. I got the double strand of pearls on ebay and added a ribbon. I used lace/net that was in my stash for the sleeve flounces. Again, not a perfect match, but it was the best I had. And I liked the aged feel of the trims, some of which are vintage.
I have dyed American Duchess silk shoes that go with this gown perfectly, too, so I'm excited to wear them with the gown at Dress U!
A note on construction. Since this is my 3rd sacque I pretty much just made this one like I did the others. Kendra's page has been invaluable every time I've done one of these, especially for a refresher on how to do the side pleats and skirt panels. It's a really detailed reference and if you haven't done a sacque, I recommend checking it out:
I again used my adaptation of Simplicity 3637 as a bodice base. And I referred to my first making-of sacque page as a reminder to myself too! http://costumersguide.com/maggie_costumes/goldsacque.html