Better late than never, right?
Here's what I said I wanted to do last year. How did I do?
1) I'm going to finish that Sleepy Hollow Windmill gown
No, BUT thanks to Gloria, I now have a pattern for the jacket. I just have to find time to make it. And this is going to be one of my next projects, high priority!
2) A 1790s gown for the Birthnight Ball
Yes! I did do this! And I used stash fabrics! A striped semi-sheer for the underdress and a dark red/blue striped silk taffeta I've had in the stash for ages - that I know Amanda and Leia have also used. I think we all got it via the same sale!
3) Maybe a new francaise if I have time, if not I'll rewear an old one to the Francaise dinner.
I didn't have time and rewore one, but that's ok - this gown only got one wearing at Costume Con and not for long. I did add new accessories and styling.
4) A regency ball gown out of the pale blue striped silk I got from Taylor for March
5) An orange drawstring (I DO WHAT I WANT!) gown out of the orange sari for March
6) The green anglaise worn by Mrs. Russell.
Nope, but high up on the list for 2015.
7) I want to make some 20s gowns.
I made one! Plans for another.
8) Maybe I'll make an Edwardian gown.
Nope, but I altered one that I bought from a friend - so half credit?
9) Some 18th century jackets
Yes! One complete, and 3 or so others cut out! Assembly line style (all slightly different pattern variations). I also made the petticoat and stomacher. Knits by Gloria.
Finish refitting some of my 18th century gowns, and generally improving my current wardrobe so it fits better.
I did a little of this but have gone back and forth at how much effort to put into this.
So.. I didn't do badly for 2014 plans!
What else did I make?
This black regency drawstring dress. It's simple but I love this sari fabric.
And I made this A League of Their Own uniform:
Now - what do I want to do next year.
1) Sleepy Hollow Windmill costume
2) Finish the jackets I cut out.
3) If I have time (big if on this one) - maybe like this one.
4) A new saque for the francaise dinner
5) A 20s dress
6) Mrs. Rusell's green dress
7) Clare's plaid dress from Outlander
8) A drawstring dress out of this sheer white with silver fabric I have.
10) silk 18th century mantle
11) An Elsa jacket: https://blog.fabric.com/2014/12/pattern_hack_snow_queen_jacket.html
And I'll leave it at that!