Sunday, September 6, 2015

Regency Tiara

I bought a real antique regency era tiara on Ruby Lane from Faded French Grandeur on layaway.  I always wanted one and think I got this for a fair price! The pics are hers.  The item is described as "dating from the Charles X 1820 - 1830 period. The diadem has been adapted with the addition of the articulated comb, this is not unusual and I presume that it would have made it easier to use with the different hair styles of the period. It probably originally had a rigid metal comb. The piece is in very good condition save for some discolored coral beads and one missing larger coral bead at the top left hand side of the diadem at the extremity, please see last photo."










I wore it at the Jane Austen Ball at Gadsby's Tavern:

IMG_1613

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, you're so lucky, that's a great piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad she let me do layaway so I could buy it!

      Delete