I used this Portmanteau Fashions pattern for an 1831 pointed reticule.
Here's the result.
I ended up putting piping only on one of the two body pieces because putting piping on both ended up with too much piping and too much thickness. I did pipe the top of the other piece that I didn't pipe the whole way around. I threaded the ribbon differently for easier gathering. And also I recommend sewing the triangles on the flat body pieces before sewing the front/back together - without doing that I wasn't sure what to do with the piping at the ends of the triangles. Catching them in the seams hides the edges. It makes the side seams a little bulky, but it was the only way to hide those edges.
Overall, it's a cute purse and big enough to hold a wallet and cell phone, which is great! I have a lot of cute reticules that won't hold everything I need them to!