Sunday, April 9, 2017

November Ball at Gadsby's Tavern

November also brought a ball at Gadsby’s Tavern to which I finally wore the second of two 18th century jackets I made with fabric bought years ago in Germany. I got one meter each of some pretty fabric, and I was able to very carefully turn them each into a jacket. I completed this a while ago but only now wore it. I whipped up a quick petticoat in gold silk taffeta to go with, and grabbed some “dead dino” a.k.a. synthetic fabric for a sash. I believe this is the reverse side of the fabric I used to line my Pirates of the Caribbean gown! The necklace is by my friend Gloria: https://www.etsy.com/shop/inthelongrun, and I wore antique earrings you can’t see very well here.

IMG_7423

We had dinner at the Columbia Firehouse. I forget what kind of cocktail this was, but it was good. Also squash soup, and crab cakes. Doug got a pasta he didn’t care as much for. I gave him a crab cake. :-)

IMG_7434

At the Gadsby’s giftshop, a chocolate Gadsby’s Tavern!

IMG_7436

The traditional cheese hedgehog:

IMG_7437

IMG_7438

IMG_7455

IMG_7453

IMG_7457

IMG_7460

Jess:

IMG_7463

Carolyn:

IMG_7467

No comments:

Post a Comment