Sunday, December 30, 2018

Summer Shoot at the Portrait Gallery, part 4 - Mike & Gloria

So, as I posted recently, we did a summer shoot at the Portrait Gallery in August. Last but certainly not least, are the photos taken by Mike from In the Long Run Designs. (https://inthelongrun.wordpress.com/)

I’ll also repost some of what I had said about my costume! You can skip this section if you saw my other posts. :-)

The short version: I decided to wear my Titanic Jump dress. I recently had to do repairs on this gown. I’d had it on display for a while on a dress form, and the beading on the skirt stretched the netting. It ended up being a pretty easy fix, done at the waistline. I’ll also note that I probably should have scaled the bodice to be a bit smaller and more “empire” of a cut - but I’m bigger busted than Kate Winslet and I tried to proportion the beaded bodice for me. Now I think I’d still make it slightly smaller if I did it again, but what’s done is done! I also think that the netting on the bodice has stretched slightly too under the weight of the beads so it hangs lower than it used to.

Everything on this gown was hand done. The trim, the beaded circles, the beaded bodice. The gown weighs about 6 lbs, and other than beads, it’s just cotton netting, tulle, and silk charmeuse. I did sew some organza in the hem of the skirt to help with the weight of the beads.

I have upgraded jewelry and shoes since the DragonCon wearing too - I think the necklace I actually got from my friend Stephanie’s mom. It’s not screen accurate, but it’s a much better match than what I had. The earrings are replica, bought ages ago when Jill Bailey was producing jewelry. Ditto the comb, which I know wasn’t worn with this outfit, but I had it so I was gonna use it because it’s so pretty. (You can see a close-up pic of these on this blog.

I never landed a pair of the Peterman booties, so I tend to wear my American Duchess beaded shoes, which I think work well with the outfit.

And here are Mike’s photos! (I believe Gloria did the photo editing.) I like the rich reds there too, some alternate shots that are sepia or B&W, and I also asked Mike to get some detail shots for me of the beading, which he did!

DSC_8844

DSC_8730-2sm

DSC_8492-Editsm

DSC_8497sm

DSC_8501sm

DSC_8730sm

DSC_8795sm

DSC_8816sm

DSC_8818-2sm

DSC_8818sm

DSC_8829

And of course the preview I posted of Gloria trying to make sure my hair was in place.

DSC_8821sm

No comments:

Post a Comment