Monday, November 7, 2011

Open Robe started...

The beauty of regency costumes is that you can use a base dress and just make new things to go over it!  Since I have a regency pumpkin tea coming up, I decided to make an open robe to go over my embroidered cotton gown.  I bought this silk on fabricguru.com, thinking it was red (it was described as flame), but it's really an orange. I wasn't sure what to do with it, but I decided it would work perfectly for this.  I don't have much time (just a week) so I wanted to make something fast.  I decided to base mine on this gown



but add long sleeves for warmth.  I'm using my standard regency pattern based on the sensibility one and just modified the front panels.  I just have to do the sleeves and skirt.  I may do the skirt first to make sure I have enough fabric and do sleeves if I have enough fabric.

Here's what I've done so far:



3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, never seen one of those before! I do love things you can layer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    And yes, regency has lots of things you can layer, which is nice!

    ReplyDelete