The beauty of regency costumes is that you can use a base dress and just make new things to go over it! Since I have a regency pumpkin tea coming up, I decided to make an open robe to go over my embroidered cotton gown. I bought this silk on fabricguru.com, thinking it was red (it was described as flame), but it's really an orange. I wasn't sure what to do with it, but I decided it would work perfectly for this. I don't have much time (just a week) so I wanted to make something fast. I decided to base mine on this gown
but add long sleeves for warmth. I'm using my standard regency pattern based on the sensibility one and just modified the front panels. I just have to do the sleeves and skirt. I may do the skirt first to make sure I have enough fabric and do sleeves if I have enough fabric.
Here's what I've done so far: