Friday, November 11, 2011

Open Robe

Whew, well I just finished sewing like a half hour ago!   I have to redo the sleeves because I didn't set them in quite right - the gathers in the back need to be higher up.  I thought the sleeves were cooperating entirely too much - now I know why!  But it'll be fine for the picnic.  And the robe fits great - the sleeves are just a little poofy in the back.  Which is why I'm only posting pics of the front! But other than that issue, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!

The color looks more red here than the pumpkin orange it is.  I'm sure the buttons aren't entirely period, but that's fine too.  So I have something new to wear tomorrow, hooray!


6 comments:

  1. Eee, loves it! Can't wait to see event pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, and I think these are so flattering. I love mine. I also have a red one also, along with my periwinkle blue and a pink one.
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I hope we get to see some event pictures soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I just uploaded my pics last night, so I'll definitely post some today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this dress, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete