Sunday, February 15, 2015

Laughing Moon Regency Gown

I tried out the new Laughing Moon regency gown pattern and was super happy with it! It went together really easily and I actually didn't even need to alter it from the size I cut out. I think the pattern ended up being really flattering. I used a slightly sheer cotton with a white and silver stripe that I think I got in LA a bunch of years ago.

Here's the pattern: http://www.lafnmoon.com/product_p/p126.htm

You can see the stripes a little here.

IMG_4562

With it I wore my 1870s paste flower brooch, my antique Napoleon III comb, my fan made my Gloria, my Georgian earrings, my 1820s ring, and  also a new ring purchase which I'll blog about later. The necklace is modern. Oh and my shawl.  It's fun that I've been able to collect enough antique pieces to go with my costumes!

IMG_4561

IMG_4607

IMG_4614

IMG_4624


IMG_4714

IMG_4626

IMG_4629

Gloria's photo:

16352560228_6cf2898a0c_o

IMG_4654

Edited to add - here's a close-up of the fabric:


14 comments:

  1. Really pretty! Love the bodice gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress turned out SO pretty! So light, feminine, and joyful! Accessories really do transform a look, don't they? Yours are covetous!! Why they don't make tiara combs like that anymore for love or money is beyond me when there is SUCH a market for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Kat! Accessories and jewelry really do make a look. And they really need to make tiara combs like this again. The antique ones are so pretty!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you blogged about the Laughing Moon pattern, I've got it as well and will be making a dress shortly. Just have to finish my stays (almost done) and make a shift as my current shifts are different era's and it's obvious they're not right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great! Good luck! I was very happy with it. I kind of thought I might have made it too small, but that was just because I sewed the sleeves on the wrong way the first time. It fit really well after that.

      Delete
  4. Oh how lovely you look in your new dress and all that drool worthy jewelry! Huzzah for new things!
    Blessings!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! This is one of the best Regency evening gowns I have seen. It is incredibly flattering on your body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much for such a nice compliment! :-) I was really happy that the pattern ended up being so flattering!

      Delete