Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Celestial Ball

Next up, we are into May! Thanks to Janine and Ron babysitting for us, we were able to attend the Celestial Ball at Gadsbys Tavern. I was just a tad slow to realize that the ball was on… May the 4th. Also known as Star Wars Day. Get it? Celestial Ball? Anyhoo, once I realized, I sprang into action. I was hot off of rewearing my Leia Bespin gown at AwesomeCon, and I thought… maybe I could make a regency Leia Bespin outfit and Star Wars bound. So I dug out the very first regency dress I ever made (which was terrible) and took a look at the available dyes I had, and tossed it in the washer with said dyes. It took a mix of scarlet and tan, and taupe and 3 tries, but I finally got it the shade I wanted. Dry, which was tricky since it looked the right shade wet, but then faded when dried. I wore my actual screen accurate Bespin cape as an over dress, and added Han/Leia profile necklaces, the accurate hairdo (it totally worked!), and a rosette I got as a party favor at the waist. And I wore my Leia Bespin flats. So basically it was almost all screen accurate but the dress. Doug wore his Han Solo jacket over tan pants and a white embroidered vest. I’m not sure how many people attending really got the whole Star Wars thing, but it was *definitely* Gadsbys intent given their traditional cheese hedgehog had Leia buns, and the menu was done in a Star Wars font. Awesome.

IMG_1279

IMG_1280

IMG_1281

IMG_1282

Outfit:

IMG_1283

IMG_1295

IMG_1296

IMG_1302

IMG_1305

And one of the highlights was when the musicians played this little number. Music on for this short video! (You might have to click through because Flickr is sometimes not great with video.)

IMG_1300

It was awesome seeing friends, but there is always someone who has to be rude and yank you around if they feel you are going the wrong way. Which sometimes you are not. Don’t be that person. Yanking someone’s arm hurts and it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment