Saturday, September 13, 2014

Some project updates and new things....

I managed to finish another regency drawstring dress that I've had in mind for a while. I always like this dress, which dates to 1800 from the Museo del Traje.

I found a black sari on ebay, so I used this as inspiration. I had to applique some extra trim on the train - and as per usual I made it slightly too long in front.  But it's pretty and perhaps I'll wear it for the annual Pumpkin tea.  Forgive me chopping off my head, I didn't do my hair. These are just quick snaps.

I also managed to snag a pair of one of a kind Robert Land shoes - they have some beautiful stuff up right now,  practially none of it in my size.  But these stripey ones were and they're really gorgeous!

Next up, this Edwardian dress I got from my friend Julia before she moved.  I had to tailor it, but now it fits great! yay! Here are some quick mirror pics.

Last, but not least, my friend Gloria helped me out with a silk fan I had gotten from Spoonflower - the fabric was really thin and I did not have the patience or expertise to make it work. Gloria is awesome and turned this out of my mess.  She is awesome.