Saturday, July 23, 2011

18th century jacket

I sewed something!  I had one meter of this fabric I had bought in Germany. It wasn't enough to do much with, but L suggested a jacket, so that's what I decided to do! I was inspired by Jenny Rose's green jacket with the ruffle .  I had just enough fabric for it and I had a nice little pile of scraps left. I used nearly all of the fabric and I was really careful how I laid out the pieces!

Also, I did go a little out of my comfort zone and came up with a pattern that fit me for the back. Usually I do enforreau backs because I find them easy.  But this turned out really well and I'd use it again!

I'd like to make a cream silk petticoat to go with this. Right now it's just over a plain linen one. I do have lace sleeve flounces that I'll probably wear too.

The lace at the neck is vintage, bought at an antique show.







2 comments: