Friday, October 7, 2011

Another Victorian Name pin!

Ever since my lovely friends gave me a Victorian "Maggie" name pin, I've been intrigued by them.  From the ebay auctions I've seen, the history on them seems to be that they were popular starting in the 1880s.

I just now won another Maggie one that I'm really excited about. (It almost but doesn't quite make up for a different one I lost on ebay that I really liked!)


I was doing a search and I came across a Sarah pin on this site - they also found a photo of a woman wearing a different Sarah pin, which I thought was fabulous because this is the first pic I've seen of someone wearing one of these! And it's interesting to see how it is being worn:
http://www.morninggloryjewelry.com/victorian-silver-jewelry-aid-57.html
(Actually this page has lots of fascinating jewelry and photos on it.)



No comments:

Post a Comment