Cool - two people awarded me the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
According to the rules of this meme, you should:
1. Display the award and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. State 7 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
4. Notify the winners.
1) Thank you so much to Chelsea from http://asartorialstatement.blogspot.com/ and Loren from http://costumerscloset.blogspot.com/! Here's the award - yay!
2) Seven Facts About Myself...
- I'm in a rock band - in fact we just came out with our first album of original music! We're trying to spread the word, so please feel free to do so! :-) You can check us out here: http://naked-singularity.com/
- I also write, and I wrote a short story that will be in an upcoming anthology. It's of geek interest, so I'll probably pimp that here when the time comes too!
- I love The Simpsons (at least "classic" Simpsons) and I've recently become obsessed with the Tapped Out iPhone game. It's a guilty pleasure.
- I've been watching Magnum, PI on Netflix and really enjoying it. The short-shorts, high-waisted pants, and barely buttoned shirts are highly amusing.
- This is no secret, but I LOVE the Beatles.
- I'm terribly excited about the new season of Mad Men, which starts SOON!
- I'm a breast cancer survivor. Not something I told a ton of people about when I was going through it a year and a half ago, but since I'll have to worry about it the rest of my life (such is the fun of any cancer), I figure I might as well own it now. :-) Seriously, though, I'm fine. I was lucky and it was caught early, and though it was not in my plans, I am very grateful it wasn't worse.
3) Inspiring Bloggers
- Before the Automobile - Talented, beautiful, and one of the sweetest people I've met!
- The Fashionable Past - One of my oldest costuming friends, and I am absolutely inspired by her work. Her tutorials have been invaluable to me as well.
- Rebel's Haven - Impeccable work, she always looks amazing in her costumes, and she is a great resource!
- Diary of a Mantua Maker - I admired her work online long before I met her! Everything she makes is amazing (I want one of each!), plus she makes her own shoes.
- Seamstress of Avalon - Talented costumer, talented writer, and someone I hope to meet in person one day soon.
- Festive Attyre - Another costumer I admired long before I had the pleasure of meeting her. Gorgeous costumes, beautiful photography, and someone I like very much as well.
- The Costumer's Closet - Ok, she nominated me, so I don't expect her to do this again, but she's an amazing friend and costumer - and I owe a bunch of my costumes to finds from her stash!
- Madame Modiste - Another one of my favorite people - I love how she brings her personal aesthetic to her costumes.
- It's Always Someone's Birthday - A non-costuming friend. I'm really proud of how she turned the idea of a blog about her passion (baking!) into a reality. And her cakes are both beautiful and delicious.
- Jenny LaFleur - She throws amazing parties, and has great taste in costumes. I reference her tutorials a lot.
- Betsy's Costumery - Another majorly talented friend who makes it look easy. Her Idris and Effie costumes are flawless.
- Ashlee's Costume Closet - Ashlee has done some amazing work - Dark Lily, Marie Antoinette's Masquerade gown, Pink Diamons, and more. She has wonderful attention to detail and I love seeing what she'll come up with next.
- A Fractured Fairytale - Great taste and style, and if her costumes would fit me, I'd steal all of them. Also one of the sweetest people I know.
- Ailionora - One of my best friends - a costumer, author, and generally inspiring person.
- A Dedicated Follower of Fashion - Someone who looks great in every era, and also loves 60s rock. Again, I would steal her costumes if I could! (Especially her pink sacque.)
Whew, ok, that's 15! And only a drop in the bucket of the many many talented costumers I know and/or follow!
I guess all that's left is to...
4) Notify the winners