Monday, August 27, 2012

1895 diamond ring

One of my favorite sources for antique jewelry is this British ebay seller, Maryefine Antique Jewelry.  I bought the little citrine Georgian ring from her. And when I spotted this, in a size I could wear, I splurged on it.  (It wasn't hugely expensive.) It fits my middle finger perfectly and although I've never really liked wearing two rings on one hand, both ring fingers were taken!  But now that I'm used to wearing a ring on that finger, I am really liking wearing this one.   It's a sweet little ring - not very obtrusive, and sturdy enough for daily wear.

Here is the auction description and pics.

Victorian 18 Ct Gold Platinum Diamond Engagement Ring Sz Q or 8 c1895 A circular openwork setting has a diamond to the centre. The diamond is bright, clear, old cut and around 0.10 carats. The ring is made in 18 carat gold and finished in platinum to the top of the ring. Of English origin, please see below for further details. The design and craftsmanship date this ring to the Victorian period, circa 1895. The stone and setting is 6.5mm or 0.25 inches diameter. The diamond is 3mm diameter, tests as diamond and is around 0.10 carats. Weight is 1.8g or 0.06oz. This is quite a light weight. British size Q American size 8 Internal circumference 57mm Can be resized by a jeweller. Unmarked, tests as 18 carat gold with a platinum finish. 











4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am getting shocked that In 1895, That designs has been produced? Isn't it true? Because I am so much impressed with your collection.




    Website

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete