Tuesday, May 3, 2011

DragonCon 2005

Another epic year. That was the first time I met Michelle.  I believe I also met Amber, Emily, Jen and Rob for the first time, and  J-9 and I were just getting to know each other.  Good times.

Also, I was a huge dork and got a pic with Adam Baldwin in my Jayne hat.





Also, I met Apollo 12 astronaut Dick Gordon. It was a case of life imitating art, ie The Simpsons.   On the Simpsons, Neil Armstrong was at a sci-fi convention. His handler shouts, "People, this man's actually been in space!!" And someone else says, "Nobody cares!"  It was like that. A guy who'd actually been to the moon (ok, he didn't actually walk on it), and no autograph line.  I'd already met Al Bean, so it was great to meet his crewmate. Apollo 12 has always been my favorite Apollo mission. (Yes, I have a favorite.) He probably had no idea what to make of my hat.


More pics:
http://www.padawansguide.com/dragoncon_05.shtml
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maggie42/sets/72157624449854537/

No comments:

Post a Comment