Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rococo Pirate

Here is the new outfit I made for Costume Con. I saw the winner of the Rococo fabric contest on Spoonflower and I had to get some. (http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/443305)  I was inspired by Jenni's Hello Kitty Anglaise, and thought this period-esque would make a cute period costume.  I decided to go a little different and make the JP Ryan jacket pattern I'd been wanting to try for a while, and a petticoat!  I had some pirate buttons on hand (I actually ordered more because I didn't think I had enough, but apparently I did.), and a pirate belt I'd bought at the Renaissance Faire a while ago.  I bought some box pleated trim on M&J Trims, hoping to match a piece I already had.  No luck there, but I thought the trim matched, so I went with it. I had a costumey tricorn, which I used because I had nothing else, but I bought a hat while I was there. I wore in on Sunday night but managed to not get any pics of myself in it that night!

I also ended up not wearing this skull necklace with it,   because I couldn't get the cord to stay adjusted. I just refound my PotC pirate medallion, maybe I should have worn that!






5696260381_3b7d768717_b


5696261331_bcb821e9cb_b


5696839696_21fb16973d_b






5696539927_658f833c5c_b



 My cat thought she was hidden.



4 comments:

  1. I have a pic of you in the new tricorn hat. I can forward it to you if you like. I LOVED this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great, thanks! padawansguide at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ZOMG that's adorable! I just love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete