Thursday, March 24, 2011

Gold Robe a la Francaise

Loren gave me this fabulous fabric. I had about 9 yards of it so I thought I could squeak a sacque back gown out of it. And I did - just barely! I used nearly every bit of fabric! This was my first gown of this kind and I was pretty happy with it. It was made in 2009 and I wore it to Costume Con that year!

Here is the web page for my costume construction details and more photos:

Here is my inspiration for this gown - a extent gown from KCI's collection. I felt my fabric was really similar, if a different color.  I didn't have a lot of fabric, so I tried to do as much trim as I had fabric for.

No comments:

Post a Comment