Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Titanic Jump dress

I beaded all the trim for this as well as the vest and the circles on the skirt.  It took just over a month to do the beaded circles, and about 1.5 months to bead the vest. The completed costume weighs almost 6 lbs!  And the supplies for it cost a lot, so this might be my most expensive costume.  I'm mostly happy with this one, but I wish I'd made the vest a little shorter.  I made this for DragonCon  2006.

Here is the web page for my costume with my research and more photos:

I also made a sort of basic Jack costume for my husband for Halloween. It's not screen accurate, though.

1 comment:

  1. there is a pattern now made for this dress. Its Simplicity 8399. A few friends used it and it made it look so close to the movie. check it out.