Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean - Plum Pirate Gown & Rum Island Shift

I made this costume for DragonCon 2004.  I think I could do a way better job on it if I made it today.  I love the fabric, but it's really really heavy. It's not accurate either, I didn't put the seam in the front of the bodice (though oddly, it's more historically accurate the way I ended up doing it, I think!) and I didn't do the cartridge pleats.  It's one of those things that I'd love to do again someday, but I don't see it every happening.

I actually have more accurate fabric for the shift, but I'm also not sure I will ever get around to redoing it either!

Here is the web page for my costume with my research and more photos:
http://costumersguide.com/maggie_costumes/my_plum.html



No comments:

Post a Comment