Friday, March 25, 2011

Sgt Pepper Beatles costumes for The Return

As a favor to our friends, The Return, Jess, Janine and I agreed to help them out with some Sgt Pepper costumes. PLEASE don't ask - this is the only time we will do this. (If you need a costume, there is info on where to get one on the top of this page.) Jess did the sewing of the suits and Janine and I did the buying of trims, fabric, and accessories - and I made way too many macramed lanyards. Over the 4th of July 2009, I headed down to Atlanta to meet up with the girls so we could do a final fitting on the band and check out their concert, and then spend the next 24 hours sewing on trim.

Here is the web page for  details and more photos:
http://costumersguide.com/maggie_costumes/return.html 

There are a few things I'd like to fix here or there (I need to move John's medals down a stripe), but overall, I think they turned out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment